(Computerized Ceramic Restoration)
Among the high tech instruments that Dr. Alvarez uses to restore damaged teeth is the CEREC* system. This system uses CAD/CAM technology, integration of a camera, computer and a milling machine. The CEREC* system enables ceramic tooth restorations to be performed chair side. The ceramic restoration is manufactured right in the office while the patient waits – eliminating the need for temporary crowns and a second appointment.
CEREC* restorations are extremely accurate, very durable, and made with tooth-colored ceramic. The procedure allows Dr. Alvarez to treat patients more conservatively, (than modern bonding techniques) allowing healthier tooth structure to be saved.
Advantages of CEREC* Restorations
- Ceramic restorations are performed in a single visit, eliminating the need for return visits and temporary crowns.
- No need to make an impression and send it to a lab.
- Ceramic properties and bonding technique eliminate sensitivity problems.
- Restorations are ceramics not composite “PLASTIC “ fillings.
- The ceramic material is very strong, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant.
- Extremely high quality and conservative restoration helping to save healthy teeth.
- Very precise process ensures ideal fit of restorations.